Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Flying Lessons

The older and slower cats have informed me that witches don’t really fly on their brooms. I know for a fact they are mistaken because my witch has undertaken to show me how it’s done.
My first lesson took place rather unexpectedly this morning when I was playing in the fireplace. (If you’ve never tried this, you’ll find its great fun to get in there and fling the ashes out.)
At any rate, I was enjoying this activity when my witch suddenly appeared with her broom in her hand. She placed the bristle end alongside my bottom and the next thing I knew I was airborne and actually flying!
Unfortunately, I didn’t get very far – but, after all, it was only my first lesson.
I’ve practiced a few times since then by standing next to the broom and, once, even experimented with sitting on it. So far, I can’t seem to achieve lift-off without my witch’s assistance. However, one day I’ll have mastered this skill and then won’t the older and slower cats be jealous!

5 comments: